Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Grandpa Was a Narcissist


How do I love me? Let me count the ways:

1. I always talk about myself. I love to monologue.
2. I never wonder how you feel.
3. I get angry when you don't do the jobs I want you to do or when you do them the wrong way.
4. I try to find ways in which other people will see me as good and important.
5. It doesn't bother me to leave my children at home on Christmas while my wife and I go away to visit relatives.
6. When fruit is scarce I buy just enough for myself.
7. I never praise my sons, although I may brag about them to others.
8. I get teary when I tell sad stories about me.
9. I see my wife and sons as possessions. I can do what I want with them.
10. I beat my sons when they do stupid things.

How can the son of a narcissist recover?

No comments: