Monday, July 04, 2005

Viewing America


I began this 4th of July 2005 by singing all the patriotic songs I could remember in the shower this morning (my voice sounds better in the shower). Yes, I am a patriotic American. I am very glad to live in a country that represents freedom.

The news media would have us believe that our country is evil, at least Bush and the conservatives are evil. And... I guess they are right. America is evil, but no more so than Africa or Europe. All countries are evil, in that all men are sinful.

Happy as I am to live in America, I do not put my trust in our government. Instead, I will trust the only man I know who did not sin. Jesus the Christ lived a perfect life, died a perfect death, and rose from the dead. He did this freely and graciously on my behalf.

Only He will I trust.

by Rococo

1 comment:

connor said...

our shower does magnificently enhance one's voice! I heard on the news today, that a movement is being funded to teach children the "star spangled banner." why? well, quite simply, children do not know it. they are not taught the national anthem. so much for patriotism. lots of people showed up for the display of fireworks, but few know the anthem.

trust in government? a human designed, human governed system? heh.

I think your trust is well placed.