Monday, October 31, 2005

Adventure Awaits!


One of the most exciting events for a reader is to learn that a new book is out in a series that he or she has been reading. There is a feeling of exhilaration that comes in that moment of hearing the news of a long-awaited arrival of a say... Terry Brooks fantasy.

Those who do not read for pleasure and escape from the hum-drum of ordinary life, cannot understand how an avid reader of stories feels about these books. It means hours of adventure and a reconnecting with characters you have come to admire and enjoy. It means the solving of a mystery, the resolution of a character's problem, a relationship healed, or a final battle where good triumphs over evil.

I have yet to tell my son that a book he has been waiting for has just arrived. I can't wait to see his reaction!

Rococo

1 comment:

Wesandmen said...

I got big smiles and a huge hug when I told him that "The Eldest" has arrived!