Saturday, October 15, 2005

I Do Believe in Fairies...I do... I do...


Strange things happen in the middle of the night. I was sleeping peacefully. I felt something brush my arm, felt air on my face. I woke up and looked into the white face of a vampire reaching for my neck. I screamed, a shrill, horror-filled scream. The white vampire grabbed me and surprised me by screaming also. By that time, I had recognized my sister, with the cream on her face, but I thought, "Vampires are always people you don't expect!" I kept screaming.

My father rushed into the room saying, "Here, here, what's all this?" I kept screaming. My sister stopped and began explaining what had happened, but not until my dad shook me could I stop. My head began to clear. Apparently, sis had been reaching over me quietly to get my uh... tape recorder on the bookcase behind my head. She was not and had never been bitten by a vampire which sort of proved that uh....but the white face, you have to remember the white face, which... was apparently medicine for her complexion. Vampires have white faces you see, so naturally I thought...and you never know who really is one, so ...OK no more late night vampire movies for me! Ever! I'm watching Peter Pan!

Rococo
image: http://www.faeriebelievers.com

6 comments:

connor said...

i believe in fairies! especially the tooth fairy. And a tim fairy who does housework when i'm sleeping, and a rascal fairy who pees but never admits to it.

Wesandmen said...

Fairies are much friendlier than vampires. There seems to be a resurgence of vampire types in movies these days. I definitely prefer a good fairy, anyday. I think you have the Tim fairy mixed up with a brownie. Remember brownies? And a rascal fairy? Now you are dreaming!

Wesandmen said...

You gotta love as-kian's "i believe in fairies! especially the tooth fairy." The tooth fairy evidently exists more than most other fairies. Go figure.

Don't forget that fairies are frequently dangerous or at least mischievious. Still, they do have the added charm of not sucking blood. Definitely more viewer friendly.

Wesandmen said...

Rats! I always forget to use my name! That last comment was Bachmann.

Wesandmen said...

What about the brownies? Anyone remember those brownies? Didn't they go around doing good deeds or something?

I seem to recall a story by George McDonald about a boy named Colin and the fairies. And yes, the queen fairy was rather nasty.

I would have known you anywhere, Bachman.

Rococo

Wesandmen said...

For your information, Bachman, I started out looking for pictures of vampires, but as you have noted they are not as viewer friendly as fairies and I got kind of, well, scared, so I decided to get a fairy, and then, of course, I had to change my title, too.