Saturday, October 22, 2005

The Test


The "Mid-life Crisis" sometimes results in a search for what you perhaps could have been, or might still become, if you are granted more time. With this thought in our minds, my husband and I decided to take aptitude tests. We went to our friendly family counselor for answers to our yearnings. We talked over our dreams, researched possibilities, and took the test. These tests are designed to help one discover the ideal career for his or her personality and abilities.

Now, I have never been a career woman. I am a stay-at-home mom. I worked at several jobs before marriage and actually have a teaching degree, but my dream was always to be a wife and mom. I am also the creative type. I enjoy decorating and writing, art, music, etc. I enjoy a slow pace of life and I stay away from math and numbers as much as I can (which is difficult when you have an algebra student to help). There are a few things I would have liked to try as a career. These include hairdressing, floral arrangement, interior design, and counseling.

So, my spouse and I took the test. I think my husband ended up having an aptitude for some type of administrative job. I figured up my score and to my absolute shock, came up with" accountant in business" for my career suggestion!! Perplexed and disappointed, I showed this to my husband, who was also very surprised. "This can't be right!" he said. "Let me see this." He took the test from me and re-figured my score.

" Honey? You figured your test score wrong." He snickered. Then he laughed - loudly.

Actually, the test showed that I would be good at counseling, which was not a surprise. The test provided a good laugh for my husband which greatly aided him in getting through his mid-life crisis. I'm still working on mine.

Rococo
Image: www.cartoonstock.com

1 comment:

Wesandmen said...

I'll know I'm through the mid-life crisis thing when I no longer care about cellulite.