Friday, October 21, 2005

Mustang Sally


As she drove down the street, she got interested looks from college guys. Trouble was, she didn't know at whom they were looking. She drove a Mustang, you see, a 1967 red hard-top Mustang.

Anyways, she was cruising down the street one day and she came to the corner where she was supposed to make a left turn. About that time, she met another car coming from the opposite direction. It was a car-load of guys and they were waving at her, or...her car anyway. She got kind of flustered because she was actually making her turn at the same time, but she managed to wave back.

The next thing the college sophomore new, she was sitting pretty in her pretty car, on top of an island, on top of a sign. Yikes! What to do? She sat and thought, her face as red as her hair. Many other drivers turned that corner without making any mistakes and several of them rolled down their windows and told her to just drive off the island." But", she thought, "wouldn't that be against the law?" She had experienced a similar incident in high school when she turned a corner too sharply ( she was waving at a boy again ) and side-swiped a traffic light pole. She had been driving her Dad's good car and the chrome on the side was curled up like a spring! She drove home that time and her Dad told her that she broke the law by leaving the scene of an accident.

"You know",she thought, "this waving to boys just isn't worth it." Last year, she was walking through the commons area at her college and waved to a hunk and the next thing she knew she was on the floor with stars circling her head. That marble column was really solid and why did they put it right in the middle of the commons anyway?

After the fifth person driving by told the redhead to just drive away, she was about to take their advice when a police car drove up. " Oh great!" she thought.

"May I see your driver's license, miss?" the handsome young cop asked.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" she exclaimed, with an innocent but distressed look on her face. "Here's my license, officer. I really am sorry, I didn't mean...." He walked away.

He came back a few minutes later with a smile on his face. "Nice car", he noted , "but your inspection sticker has run out. Better get that done soon. Drive her off." he said with a smile.

Incredulous, she thought, "I can't believe I'm getting out of this scrape without a ticket! I flattened a public sign! He must have thought I looked cute and innocent. Or....maybe he just liked my red mustang."

1 comment:

Wesandmen said...

Decided to comment on my own blog just so it looks like it's popular. I wish I still had my red mustang.