Monday, October 24, 2005

Just My Imagination... Running Away With Me


I have been told that I make lots of assumptions. I know that! But at my age, I have the right. So I don't care, ok?? Besides, everyone makes assumptions.

So, assuming that God exists, and that God created man, why did He give man an imagination? Why do we think up stories and songs and works of art? Why don't we just eat, sleep, and work. Why do we imagine other worlds and creatures we've never seen?

Rococo
image: www.kid-at-art.com

2 comments:

Wesandmen said...

I guess the answer we all want to hear is that God gave us imaginations so that we could entertain ourselves endlessly by creating fantasy worlds. But, when you think about it, the reason Adam and Eve sinned in the first place was that they could imagine a desirable world and a way of life. God has created a world for us. Maybe we should just live in it.

Bachmann

Wesandmen said...

Not use your imagination? That seems wrong!